DSA2020: New Leadership for Global Challenges
University of Birmingham, 16-19 June 2020
DSA2020 Book exhibit
The DSA annual conference will now take place as a virtual online conference over 4 days, and is likely to attract around 450 delegates, comprising both academics from development studies and practitioners and consultants from NGOs, think-tanks, government and elsewhere. Exhibitors can purchase their own virtual exhibition room in the online conference. You can decide your opening hours each day of the conference and have representatives present in the room to engage with delegates via video and text chat options.
Publishers, Institutions and other exhibitors can choose the following option:
Your own dedicted virtual exhibition room within the online conference platform - Shindig.
Publisher members: £400
Publisher non-members: £600
Premium members: £200
Institutional members: £350
Institutional non-members: £450
NGO members: £250
NGO non-members: £400
Within your virtual exhibition room you can:
- Set the background image to one of your choice
- Have your logos appear on this backdrop image
- Set welcome slides that are displayed in the 'stage' area of the room (anyone entering the room immediately sees these)
- You could have a video presentation or live presentation by a rep set at various timings through the day that those who enter the room at those times can watch.
- You can chat and answer questions from delegates in the room via text and video chats (up to 6 people per video chat).
Key information for those exhibiting at DSA2020
- Admins/ reps: please send us the names and email addresses of up to 3 people who will be running your virtual booth during the conference so we can set them as admins for your booth.
- Opening times: let us know the times you will be open in Shindig each day of the conference (16-19 June inclusive) and which reps will be running the booth each day.
- Scheduled presentations: please provide us with date and times of any special events or live presentations that will take place at set times in your virtual booth and we can add these 'mini-events' to the conference timetable and add the Shindig link to your booth for those events, (e.g. 'Meet the authors', June 17th 15:30-16:00 (BST)) etc..
Files and imagery specifications (you can send to us all, or some, of the following to customise your virtual room):
- Background image - max size in Shindig: 1920 x 1080 pixels, png file format
- Logo(s) - maximum space for logo(s): 900 x 350 pixels, png file format. Your logo(s) will be placed over part of the background image in the lower right corner of the screen so they are visible to all in the room even if the stage area is in use. The DSA logo will also be placed in this area.
- Links: please send us by email any links you wish to be displayed to the audience in your virtual booth (name on the link button and the URL for each). We suggest a max. of 4 or 5 links, otherwise some can be hidden by the stage area in Shindig. These will display in the lower left corner of the screen for the audience to see, one above the other.
- Any slides, presentations or documents you wish to show in the room must be in PDF format.
- Any videos you wish to play in the booth must be in mp4 format
- Any audio files you wish to play in the booth must be in mp3 format
See here for more detail about these 3 file formats in Shindig (1st section of this page).
The organisers will send you a Dropbox link to upload all your files to (logos, images, slides, videos etc) when you have them ready and we will upload them into your virtual booth for you in advance of the event. We will set up everything for your booth, once we receive all your images and files. You will then be invited to view the layout and check everything appears as you wish or for changes to be made. This will take place in the week (8th - 12th June) before the conference.
Deadline for files and all information to reach us: June 8th (ideally) - we will be flexible but keep us notified of when we will have your files, the sooner the better!
In advance of the event, please also take time to view our online resources. These show clearly the audience view and controls in Shindig and an admin's view and controls. There also videos for both, if you prefer. We will also conduct a live training with all those who will be running a virtual exhibition booth. The conference policies and guides are also online.
Any queries, email us at conference(at)devstud.org.uk
We will include a link to your Shindig virtual exhibition room from the DSA2020 conference timetable page and this book exhibit webpage. Links to your virtual exhibition booths will also be placed in all other Shindig conference rooms/ events during the conference so delegates can easily find their way to you at any time over the 4 days of the conference.
Sign up to a free demonstrationIf you have not seen an exhibitor's demo in Shindig and wish to see how this looks and are interested in exhibiting virtually, please email us at conference(at)devstud.org.uk and we can schedule a special demo of the online platform for exhibitors.
How to book
If you know you would like to exhibit at the online conference please email conference(at)devstud.org.uk to book a virtual exhibition room at DSA2020 as well as who the (maximum of 3) representatives will be (names and email addresses), we shall then contact you with instructions on how your staff members attending the event should register in our system.